Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Charlotte, NC CE Academy
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM (EST)
Charlotte CE Academy Event
November 28, 2012
1 AIA HSW CE Hours,
3 AIA HSW/SD CE Hours,
2 GBCI CE Hours for LEED Professionals,
8:30 – 9:00 AM Registration
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.| Course: IMU07C
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Rick Davis
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient
& Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
10:10 - 11:10 AM
Roofing Market Trends & Advantages of FB Membranes & Urethane Adhesive
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour
Provider: Carlisle Syntec | Course: SDT110
Presenter: Paul Markel
· Physical performance advantages of fleece membranes that enable them to
resist the forces of Mother Nature such as wind, rain and cold.
- Performance advantages of urethane adhesives that eliminate the dependence on solvents with VOC's or asphalt derived from foreign sources of oil.
- Re-roofing advantages afforded by fleece membranes that can re-use existing roofing systems and minimize landfill waste.
- Multiple-ply membrane options utilizing highly reflective TPO or extremely weather able EPDM as the cap sheet.
11:20 - 12:20 PM Lunch: Sponsored by Dynamic Closures
12:20 - 1:20 PM
Understanding Recycled Content Surfacing Material
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour |Course: ICS06A
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals |GBCI Course ID: 0090003989
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Phillip Devore
· This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfacing products and how they affect a building's indoor environmental quality.
· We will review how these materials are manufactured and specified and we will evaluate how they may contribute towards LEED project certification.
· After a comparison on traditional and recycled surfacing materials, we will discuss the importance of going beyond "green".
1:30 - 2:30 PM
Exterior Continuous Insulated Claddings for Energy Efficiency and
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals |GBCI Course ID: 0090005704
Provider: Dryvit System, Inc. | Course: BL0002
Presenter: Robert Dazel
· Deconstruct the "perceived" value of traditional insulation methods and reduced performance within framed wall assemblies and reconstruct new strategies for developing true "effective" insulation value and high performance.
· Identify and define model energy code and green design standard's requirements for exterior continuous insulation.
· Differentiate between "prescriptive" R-value "performance" U-factor wall design paths and recognize where continuous insulation must be integrated.
· Discover the interrelationship between exterior insulated cladding and the use of continuous insulation to achieve energy efficient, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing design solutions.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.